Recipe: Cajun Catfish with Dirty Rice
Summary: This is a southern Cajun dish the way we like it around our house.
- 1 pound fresh catfish fillets
- 1/2 cup canola or corn oil
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or chipotle powder
- 3 clove garlic crushed
- 1 cup white rice uncooked
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- Here’s the rub: add thyme, black pepper, chile, and garlic to 1/4 cup of the oil.
- Rub this mixture into the catfish an hour or so before frying. Start cooking your rice in the veggie broth. Heat your skillet for the catfish to medium. Put in the rest of the oil and the rubbed fillets and cook on both sides until done. Fish should be flaky and come apart easily with a fork.
- Pour the drippings over your cooked rice and stir in. Serve together with a salad and cornbread. Yum.
Cooking time (duration): 60
Diet type: Pescatarian
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (Southern)
Recipe by Duane Poncy on poncy-mclean.net.
Microformatting by hRecipe.